Monday, November 2, 2009

Our little WILL man



Sorry it has taken so long to get this post up!!! I thought I would have all of this "free time" to blog and such-but sheesh-not so much. I think it's that "having 2 small children" syndrome that has kept me from it.

William is my buddy. I have come to call him that as I spend time with him and get more and more excited each day that God has blessed us with a son. He is very passionate about his daily rituals-especially eating and crying-MY GOODNESS. Addison wasn't much of a crier-what can we say-we were definitely spoiled rotten with her. I'm loving every minute!

Not to bore you with all of the petty details of our never ending hospital stay-I did want to mention the highlights....

The morning of I convinced Mark to go eat a HUGE breakfast at Cracker Barrel-and I'm not a big breakfast eater-but I knew that I would have to go quite some time without eating or drinking-so chow down baby! I had biscuits, grits, eggs, bacon, a bite of a pancake, and made myself eat this suprisingly good steak. I have never eaten steak for breakfast. But I'm convinced it what got me through-I never got nauseous throughout the day. We left Cracker Barrel and I actually went home and was able to sleep for a couple of hours before showering and leaving the house.

Suprisingly enough he was born at 5:38 P.M.-The O.R. was running on time-praise the LORD- The first time I saw him I couldn't believe how tiny he was! 7lbs. 6 oz. 18 1/2 inches long!


We were expecting a much bigger boy!! But I'm thankful he was teeny tiny. I love holding a itty bitty baby. Once they had cleaned him up- Mark was holding him by my face and he started blowing bubbles. After that-I didn't see him until Saturday morning around 10-in the NICU. He apparently had some fluid on one of his lungs and once everything was all said and done before we went home-he also was diagnosed with a none worrisome heart murmur.

Our first doctor's visit to the Pediatrician went wonderfully and we love our new Pediatrician-Dr. Dixon with Kenmar Peds. We were asked to bring him back for a 2 week check up for a weight check and I can proudly say that as of friday this past week he is up to 8 lbs. and 2 oz.!!



We think this picture looks like my father in law-Larry


My AMAZING OB-Dr. Elizabeth Street



Addison was VERY excited to meet her new baby-and I think she realizes at this point that he will be here every morning when she wakes up-but not so much that its her brother yet.


HOW CUTE IS HE??





3 comments:

E said...

Congrats on your family of 4! We are on the schedule to be induced tomorrow at 7:30. We shall see! :)

Chad and Kristin Pendley said...

What a beautiful family! I am so glad y'all settling in as a family of 4. You need to be a baby producing machine b/c you make some adorable little ones! Congratulations!

Cathy said...

Congratulations. He is quite handsome! We love Dr. Dixon too, he is the BEST=)