Friday, July 3, 2009

Diaper Cakes











About a month ago, I decided I wanted to make a diaper cake for a shower I was throwing this month for a very special friend and past mentor. I got on youtube and watched MANY videos on how to make the cake and ended up combining ideas and suggestions to create what I saw in my head. Needless to say, I had so much fun doing it. It only took me about an hour to do the boy one and about an hour and a half to do the baby girl one. I got most of my supllies from Hobby Lobby-my new favorite store. I wish it was closer to my house!! I walked the isles for ideas and my favorite one ended up being the wooden letters that I painted. SO MUCH FUN! You really can make each layer as big or as small as you want. I can't wait to make another one! If you know of anyone who is need of one for a shower-please let me know.

The tutu I had specially made from Paisley and Posies. www.paisleyandposies.com

3 comments:

AtlantaMama said...

These are GREAT!!! You did a wonderful job and I'm sure the Mom's who "got them" just freaked out! How sweet!!

~April~ said...

now you're the official diaper cake maker!!! good job!

Cathy said...

Hey Cynthia,
Just wanted to pop in and say congratulations on your new pregnancy.You have a sweet family! I stumbled across your blog from Katies. I don't know if you remember me(Cathy Huff, now Magwood) from highschool.
dannyandcathymagwood.blogspot.com