Monday, August 3, 2009

The Blue Willow

Mark and I decided to make a special trip to Monroe-Social Circle-almost 2 hours away simply to feast and dine at one of our favorite restaraunts that we haven't been to for over 5 years! How have we gone this long without satisfying our deep down southern home grown love for country fixins'??!! The people here are so nice and welcoming-I assume that's why they have to eventually turn people away.Don't go without a reservation!


They have multiple rooms decorated like this one.

Quoted from their web-site rightfully so. "Whether dressing for the theatre or casually touring the area you are invited to enjoy the Blue Willow's Southern feast. No one is allowed to leave hungry after feasting on a variety of Southern salads, meats, vegetables, breads and desserts. Along with your meal enjoy sweetened iced tea, the "Champagne of the South", and lemonade."
The lemonade is to die for. I think between Mark and I-we drank a gallon easily. Between the both of us, we feasted on cornbread dressing,baked chicken, fried chicken, roast beef, bbq pork, spare ribs, green beans, savannah shrimp and rice, squash casserole,biscuits, corn bread, cheddar pecan biscuits, sweet potato souffle, lima beans, macaroni and cheese, salad bar, vegetable soup, peach cobbler, peanut butter pie, chocolate cream pie, lemon meringue pie, brownies, blue willow bars, chocolate cake, cheesecake, and coconut cake. My personal favorites were and continually will be -after reminding me yesterday-coconut cake and cornbread dressing. I am so thankful that I just found the recipe for the coconut cake on a forum online! Hands down THE best coconut cake. I think I'm going to make it for my amazing OB-GYN Dr. Street -as she appreciates coconut like no other. Plan a special trip with you and your special one and you won't be disappointed!!

No comments: